Tuesday, April 26, 2011

What an interesting week...

On Thursday Mr. Brawn "ran away". He was found by a stranger walking on the rock by the church. He says that he was looking for red and black rocks. I can completely see that he would be absorbed in an activity that he would walk into and down the road.
Later that same evening he purposely disappeared. He hid in the playground area. When we found him I told him I'd looked for him and he said, "I answered you like this (very softly) 'I'm right here, I'm coming.'"
Needless to say, there will be more supervision for him.
On Saturday we added a puppy to our household. Mr Brawn is helpful with him, but not exceptionally interested in the pup. Mr Monkey is downright mean. He's dropped him, thrown him, and chased him. I also imagine that this is age appropriate for a 2 year old.
Sunday was Easter. The boys were happy to go to church, they have become quite comfortable there. We had a fundraiser breakfast for the missions team. When we walked into the Fellowship Hall Mr Monkey saw his Sunday School Teacher. He got my attention and using gestures to point her out exclaimed "Mommy, teacher, Mommy teacher!"
We had an excellent breakfast and then told the kids it was time to go to the nursery. Mr Monkey joyfully sang out "JESUS!" and then ran ahead of us the whole way there.
It warms my heart to see such growth. I've also noticed that Mr Brawn is getting very vocal with his prayers. He talks about everything that is important in his life at that very moment. This evening as he prayed for dinner he mentioned allowing him to go to the Library for his visit. [Tomorrow is another scheduled parent visit] Tonight he told Jesus about making good choices keeping him from getting time outs.
What wonderful growth! This child was dropping the F*bomb every third word when he came to us.

Sunday evening Hubby and I had quite a discussion. I have noticed that he has distanced himself from family activities. I confronted him about it and, in a lot more words, he told me that he resents the boys because they use up time and resources that he could be spending on our biological daughter. He feels that we bought this house and took the pay cuts BECAUSE of them. He resents that there are behavior issues. He resents not being able to discipline in a way that is proven with our biological child. He is sad because we only have one biological child.
Personally, I think that God has guided each footstep, though it is hard to remember in the midst of hard times. We are having a hard time getting the house in the condition that we desire it to be in. I'm having a hard time getting things unpacked. But, my health is already improving. I suppose it will only be time that will show us what is in store.

No comments:

Post a Comment