Saturday, July 9, 2011

An interesting observation

The last few nights I've observed something. I am not sure if this is new or if it has just recently caught my eye.
Most children sleep with abandon. You know what I mean, right? Their legs and arms are flopped every which-way, mouths gaping open, blankets tussled around them. MrBrawn sleeps, at least recently, on his back, eyes gently closed, mouth gently closed, arms folded on his chest/tummy. Each time I have checked in on the kids this week, I find him, lying perfectly still, as though he is pretending. I even turned on the light and took a picture tonight, he's not pretending!
I think this is a new occurrence. He has fallen out of bed in the past, he also has had a habit of yelling out in his sleep. I wonder if there are any studies about our sleep postures? Or the sleep postures of little ones. This little one has the weight of the world on his shoulders. My heart aches for him. I want so badly to make everything better for him, but it is not in my control. I will just continue to love on him and see where it goes from here.

No comments:

Post a Comment