Friday, January 27, 2012

It's Time to Sink or Swim

At a recent Child Family Team meeting we discussed the possibility of the boys having unsupervised visits with their parents. After a couple days of thinking about it, I contacted CPS and told them that I am simply not comfortable with the idea of going from 4 hours/week supervised visitation to unsupervised visits. I told them that I have suspicions that the parents are still using substances (Dad is being tested weekly by 2 agencies) and I think that it is time for them to rise to the parenting challenge or give up. CPS asked me today what days would work for additional visits and I reiterated that I think the boys would benefit from Monday, Wednesday, Friday visits in the evenings, that way they can have dinner, bath time, pajamas, and then get in the car and come back. We'll see when this starts and what will happen then...

No comments:

Post a Comment